Advanced Technologies in Filter Media
October 5 – 8, 2015
Short Courses, October 5
Technical Conference, October 6 & 7
Tour, October 8
Welcome to the AFS 2015 Advanced Technologies in Filter Media Conference! It will take place on October 5 – 8 at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, Nashville, TN.
The Conference is hosted by the American Filtration and Separations Society. To meet the ever increasing demand and regulations for clean and sustainable environment, designing the right filter media has become more important than ever before to obtain filters with higher efficiency and longer service life. This conference will address market unmet needs, innovative media technologies in both air and liquid filtration, and the trends for future development.
The Conference has been the most important gathering for experts and institutions working in the area of filtration and separations. The main goals are:
- Promoting the exchange of ideas through research presentations by leading experts
- Confluence of industrial researchers and academia through networking events
- Encouraging and developing future talent with student poster competitions
- Offering educational opportunities with specialized and unique filtration short courses
- Exhibiting new and upcoming products
- Seeing live how filter media are made with a tour to the world largest nonwoven manufacturer AVINTIV, Old Hickory facility.
Abstract submission and registration will open May 20. Confirmed speakers include:
Prof. Kuo-Jen Hwang, Chair of 12th World Filtration Congress, Taiwan.
Mr. Gregory Hoverson, Cummins Filtration, USA
Mr. Yanxi Wang, Chairman of Chinese Filtration Society, China
With increasing interest in the fastest growing market in China, we will have a special session for the first time on the AFS Conference: Filtration and Separation Opportunities in China, which will be jointly organized by Chinese Filtration Society.
We will continue to update our website as we have further information and updates, so please revisit this site often. We look forward to seeing you in Nashville!
Christine Sun, Filtration Technologies International Inc.
Gajanan Bhat, University of Tennessee
Jay Forcucci, AVINTIV